The Science Behind Our Approach
The core of the science-based research behind the BrainX Learning System comes from our own analysis of over 10 million online learning interactions and over 300 peer-reviewed research studies. Here is a list of the researchers who influenced our work the most:
- Dr. Harold Pashler, Distinguished Professor of Psychology at the University of California, San Diego, did work on spacing and recall that lead to a deeper understanding of the importance of memory reactivation over time. This showed how to help behaviors, like sales skills, embedded in the brain so that they become normal, default behavior.
- Dr. Robert Neff, Certified Consultant, Association for Applied Sport Psychology, College Psychology Professor, American Psychological Association Member, works with U.S. Olympic athletes and CEOs and is one of the foremost researchers on Mental Toughness training for salespeople and sales managers.
- Dr. Carol Dweck, Lewis and Virginia Eaton Professor of Psychology, Stanford University, wrote the book Mindsets, which includes research on achievement and success and how these simple ideas make all the difference. Through teaching a growth mindset, people can generate motivation and productivity in the worlds of business, education, and sports. This research demonstrates how an individual’s core beliefs about their own abilities limit the performance of both salespeople and sales managers without ever recognizing the effects of these limiting beliefs. Employing an effective strategy to overcome these limiting beliefs produces dramatic increases in performance.
- Dr. John Jonides, Daniel J. Weintraub Professor of Psychology and Neuroscience at the University of Michigan have done phenomenal work on human motivation. Much of it runs counterintuitive to what we traditionally think are the best ways to motivate salespeople.
- Dr. Howard Eckenbaum, University Professor at Boston University and Director of Memory and Brain Center, has conducted fundamental research that examines how the brain learns. Specifically, how memory consolidation and memory reconsolidation can be leveraged to accelerate the growth of the connections that produce adaptive reasoning abilities. From a brain function standpoint, adaptive reasoning is the ability most closely aligned with sales success.
For additional information, please contact us to receive a comprehensive research paper that covers the research used in the design of the system and the coursework.